Many drug candidates currently in early development have low solubility, which makes formulation more challenging. Yet the programs are often on approval accelerated timelines, and there may also be pressing funding deadlines. With these pressures, it is important to approach formulation selection with a combination of speed, thoroughness, and flexibility. Combining preformulation and rapid formulation screening with solid form screening is an excellent way to accelerate the pace of development. In this webinar, case studies highlight how a combination of experience, targeted testing, and basic scientific principles can quickly lead to the selection of effective and commercially viable formulations at an early stage of the development cycle.
Key learning objectives:
- Learn how to leverage basic physicochemical data to make formulation decisions
- Understand the advantages of evaluating formulation options early in drug development
- Compare formulation strategy advantages and disadvantages through case studies
Who should watch:
- Those involved in solid form or formulation work (senior scientists, principal scientists)
- Those involved in drug development decisions and outsourcing (CMC leads, consultants)