Many drugs on the market have challenges such as narrow therapeutic index, poor bioavailability, high inter/intra patient variability, and significant food effects. Clinically, these challenges translate to concerns about patient efficacy, safety, and adherence.
In this webinar, academic and industry experts present several case studies that illustrate how novel lipid formulation strategies have been used to:
- Develop an oral reformulated antibiotic for treating life-threatening infections in developing countries
- Achieve acceptable exposure of a macromolecule for oral administration
- Overcome treatment shortcomings of a narrow therapeutic index drug for patients with chronic kidney disease
- Kishor Wasan, PhD, Dean and Professor of Pharmacy College of Pharmacy and Nutrition, University of Saskatchewan
- Jeff Browne, PhD, Director Science & Technology, Catalent Pharma Solutions
- Vincent Plassat, PhD, Scientific Affairs Manager, Catalent Pharma Solutions